BDO Horizons 2019 - Issue 1
12 februari 2019
Each quarter we analyse global mid-market deal activity across a number of major regions and selected sectors around the world; we offer you a satellite view of how the M&A market is evolving – and where it appears to be heading.
It includes expert commentary on recent trends, predictions for the coming year and forecasts of sector activity through our heat chart which predicts the most active sectors for company sales. Whether you are active on the buy or sell side or just alert to the latest opportunities, Horizons will provide you with invaluable insights into where and why investment is flowing, giving you more of the mid-market knowledge and insight you need.
Issue 1 of 2019 includes:
- Global view – Value remains high but volume dipped
- Special feature – Private Equity: The Battleground for new deals
- North America – Volatile markets and growing economic concerns
- Latin America - Region ends year on a high with best quarter for deal value in 2 years
- UK & Ireland - Value and volume fall in Q4 but UK remains attractive for overseas investors
- Financial Services - Deal activity holds steady with continuing focus on Fintechs
- Real Estate - Deal activity bounces back but figures are still below 2017 highs
- TMT - Five trends that could shape technology M&A in 2019
In a global market of bewildering activity and endless choices, we provide some of the context necessary to navigate it.