24-Hour Curfew Extended in Curaçao through 27 April 2020
13 April 2020
As part of its response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Government of Curaçao has extended the previously imposed curfew through 27 April 2020.
We understood that this will again be evaluated by the Government on Saturday 18 April, with a possible easing of some of the measures thereafter (this remains uncertain at this point in time).
BDO continues to take the necessary steps in order to comply with the curfew while still maintaining our seamless client experience with you. We are also looking at the best ways to advise you on guiding your business through these challenging times.
Our Business Continuity Plan is in place!
We are following best practices as outlined in our Business Continuity Plan and guidance provided by our international BDO network.
BDO has a robust Business Continuity Plan (BCP) to ensure that in the event of a disaster or incident, that any impact is minimized and managed in a way that we can continue to serve you.
- Our various BCP teams were activated and have been meeting regularly to discuss various aspects of our business including client journey.
- As part of our Preparedness plan, BDO had migrated to a managed services IT environment, which has allowed us to have a fully functioning BCP for the IT Environment. This has increased our ability to work remotely and most of our staff have been doing so for the past few weeks. Information security has also been increased and remains extremely important to us.
- We have agreed work plans and deliverables with each staff member to ensure that we can continue to meet our commitments to you. Where we are unable to do so, we will inform you as soon as we become aware.
- In the past, where we have visited your offices to complete certain audit or accounting / bookkeeping procedures, we are proposing to complete these procedures remotely, during the curfew. Various members of staff will be reaching out to you to organize these procedures, if they haven’t done so already.
We encourage everyone to play his or her respective role, as part of the greater response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Who you can contact with questions or concerns
If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to your usual BDO contact or you can email:
- Gerd Glaudemans, Managing Partner, tel. 562 4606, e-mail: [email protected]
- Michel Falke, Partner, tel. 515 2148, e-mail: [email protected]
- Marcia Illidge, Partner, tel. 529 3942, e-mail: [email protected]
- Xaigany Henriques, Director, tel. 522 2167, e-mail : [email protected]
- Cristina de Freitas Brás, Director Tax Services, tel. 690 0707, e-mail : [email protected]
- Liselle Pas, Sr. Manager, tel. 517 0326, e-mail : [email protected]
- Shanda Lancelot, Manager, tel. 529 2999, e-mail: s[email protected]
As we navigate this time of uncertainty together, I want to reaffirm BDO’s core purpose: helping people thrive, every day. I hope that you and your loved ones are well, and we are here if you need us.